Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

sdas028
Helper I
Helper I

Same visual filter on multiple cards

Hi Community,

This is possible either a dumb question or a very quick one - I have multiple cards on a page displaying a snapshot of different data, they are grouped together via different areas i.e. current week/department etc

The question I have is - is there an easier way to copy a visual level filter to each of the cards that are grouped together?

Example:

I have three groups of cards, each with 15x cards in a rectangle. First rectangle I want each card to be displayed based on the current week, next group I want displaying data from one particular department and the other group I want displaying information from another department. At the moment I am clicking on each card and adding a visual filter but wondering if theres an easier way to 'group' them together? 

Don't really want to add a slicer as I want it to be a snapshot page with the following pages in the report being the detail.image.png

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @sdas028 
I think this post may help.

Cheers

Hi AClerk,

Thanks for the link - it does work but is a bit complicated to set up and then hide the slicers especially given the number of cards I'm dealing with

If there are no better ways to manage it then I will accept this as a solution

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey @sdas028 
I am not aware of any other ways.

If you find another solution, please share it with us.

Cheers!

@sdas028 as @Anonymous mentioned I don't think there is any other way except if you going to share it using dashboard then you can achieve this.

Create 3 different pages on the report and do a page level filter, it means you don't need to filter on each visual on the page. Thru PowerBI Service, pin each page on the dashboard and you will have each page filtered seperately. This is the closest solution I can think of.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.