Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Kerslaing
Helper I
Helper I

Same visual displaying different data when copied to a new page

I have 3 datasets - opencalls, 6monthhistory and team

Page 1 has a slicer to only show information for your team ( the team(s) you can select is filtered using row level security)  and this is based on the team dataset  all other visuals on that page are using the opencalls dataset these are showing the data i would expect.

Page 2 used the same slicers (synced) and visuals are using the 6monthhistory dataset and showing the data i would expect for the selected team

However this is where it gets strange if I add a simple card visual to page 2 and base it on the count of incidents in the open calls dataset it isnt showing me the data I would expect.   if i use the slicer and select any team it just shows blank,  except if i select team4  where it shows me the data for team4,  if i select all teams it just shows me the data for team4.

I have no visual/page or report level filters,   there are 1to many joins from team to open calls and from team to 6month history.  

if I copy a working visual from page 1 and place it on page 2 it changes to show me the data for team4.  I have no idea where it is holding onto this team 4 data

can anyone help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I created new pages and copied the visuals onto new pages and they all work fine.   

Never got to the bottom of why the old pages were doing it though

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
cnweke
Resolver II
Resolver II

Could you verify that your relationship between open calls and teams is correct?

If so, could you check the values for both corresponding tables PK/FK and check if they're really correct.

Hi,  

yeah I have been through the relationships,  the joins are correct.

The fact it works okay on page 1  but not on page2 is the bit that is confounding me.

if i put a simple table with

call_id & team_id  from open calls on page 1  I get similar to below

122939  16

140576  56

if i copy this visual to  page2 the data changes to

209225  40

256507  40

the team_id for team4 is 40

I have removed the slicers and any syncing just to make sure it wasnt that and it is still doing the same.

Hi @Kerslaing ,

That's really strange.

If it is convenient, could you share a dummy pbix file which can reproduce the scenario, so that we can help further investigate on it? You can upload it to OneDrive and post the link here. Do mask sensitive data before uploading.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

I created new pages and copied the visuals onto new pages and they all work fine.   

Never got to the bottom of why the old pages were doing it though

Had a similar issue, "Edit Interactions" on the Format Page solved it for me. I had a slicer influencing date range, and on the visual I tried to copy I selected I do not want the slicer to influence it ("None"). However, the copied visual ignores this setting and is set to be influenced ("Filter"). So I had to reapply "None".

You might have applied "Page level Filters" which would not copy when you copy paste the visual from one page to another. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.