Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same values for sub dimension in a matrix

Hi All,

Please I need help with the issue below. The image below is the capture of our model

Filter by Budget & Actual.PNG

Now, we have the following measures (actual calculated from trial_balance fact table and budget calculated from Budget fact table):

actual = sum(trial_balance[Crédit Per])

budget = sum(Budget[BudgetAmount])

Now notice what is not working correctly in the image below (Hierarchy Level 1 (e.g LV, MV etc) Mapping dimension (Mapping column), Hierarchy Level 2 (e.g ALUCAM, SOCATRAL etc) Mapping dimension (Eneo requirement mapping column), Hierarchy Level 3 (e.g CIMAF, CIMENCAM etc) Sub Mapping dimension (Mapping1 column): As you can see below, the values highlighted are thesame which is incorrect. When I put Mapping1 column from Budget dimension as the third level hierarchy, the values for Budget are okay but not for Actual. When I put Mapping1 from Mapping des comptes, the values for Actual are okay but not for budget. When I put Mapping1 column from Sub mapping dimension, both Actual and Budget are thesame.

Same Values for Mapping1.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
v-gizhi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

According to your description and screenshot, i am confused with the relationships among these tables.

Please give me more details about which column is used as one and which is used as many between each two tables' one-to-many relationships?

And i also need to know the three columns in matrix come from what tables?

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @v-gizhi-msft ,

Please find below your request.

Please give me more details about which column is used as one and which is used as many between each two tables' one-to-many relationships?

1. Between Mapping and SubMapping

* The Mapping column (1) in Mapping table and the Mapping column (*) in Sub Mapping table

2. Between Mapping and Mapping des Comptes

* The Mapping column (1) in Mapping table and the Mapping column (*) in Mapping des comptes table

3. Between Mapping and Budget

* The Mapping column (1) in Mapping table and the Mapping column (*) in Budget table

4. Between Mapping des comptes and trial_balance

* The SYSCOHADA Account column (1) in Mapping des comptes table and the Numero/account number column (*) in trial_balance table

5. Between DimDate and Budget

* The Date column (1) in DimDate table and the Date column (*) in Budget table

6. Between DimDate and trial_balance

* The Date column (1) in DimDate table and the Date column (*) in trial balance table

And i also need to know the three columns in matrix come from what tables?

The three columns are as follows from first to last

1. Mapping [Eneo requirement mapping]

2. Mapping [Mapping]

3. Sub Mapping [Mapping 1]

Matrix Rows.PNG

Hi,

Thanks for your detailed explanation, and i found the problem in these relationships:

I create a silimar table model with you and for your issue, it is because the 'Sub Mapping'[Mapping 1] can not directly filter the 'Budget'[BudgetAmount], and they are both filtered by Table 'Mapping'.

So, i try to rebuild your relationships:

1)Create a table to connect Table 'Budget' and 'Mapping':

Level 2 = DISTINCT(SELECTCOLUMNS('Sub Mapping',"Mapping",'Sub Mapping'[Mapping],"Mapping 1",'Sub Mapping'[Mapping 1]))

It is easy to create the relationship between Table 'Mapping' and 'Level 2':

51.PNG

But when i try to create the relationship between Table 'Budget' and 'Level 2', it has a problem that i need more data because the original table used [Mapping] as key column and this time i need [Mapping 1] as key column.

And the Table 'Trial_balance' is the same problem.

So, you need to rebuild your whole table model.

Here is my test pbix file:

pbix 

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Giotto Zhi

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.