Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dkehoe32
Helper I
Helper I

Same value in table twice

Im trying to create this colored excel table into BI using slicers.  Im able to get the right values for the first two excell rows but im not sure how to have them in the same table.  Additionally is there a way to enter a custom row label so i can match the excel chart.forum excell.PNGForum slicer.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dkehoe32,

Due to I could not reproduce your data structure, I suggest you add a column based on your data type like the below picture(sample data):

Your row table:

1.PNG

My sample data

2.PNG

And you could Create a Matrix visual and add the related fields, now you could see the correct result.

3.PNG

And if you are the owner of the excel, I would like to suggest you use the ‘Import’ function in Power BI Desktop. Reference: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-import-excel-workbooks

If I misunderstood you, could you please offer me more information about your data structure or share your pbix file if possible?

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

The import function doesnt work as it says theres no models to import.  Im very new to BI so maybe im doing something wrong.  As for the table data, it is all in excell with hundreds/thousands of rows.  The table rows are based of slicers so i cant really just re enter thousands of "total quantity of instruments" and "quant of inst with no primary CPQ Quote"

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.