Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

alexvc
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same stores filter - dynamic column in table?

Hi there,

I would appreciate any ideas or help on the following case: I have a table with tickets, in which sales are registered with date, amount and the store where the sale was made. This table is related to another one with the store catalog table, with attributes for each store, including opening date. In my report I have filter for dates and I want to include a filter for "same stores" (stores that have been opened by more than 18 months) to be able to compare year over year growth, the catch here is that a "same store" depends on what dates are filtered in the report (minimum date filtered would have to be greater than the store opening date minus 18 months). I was thinking on including a "same store" variable column in the store catalog table, which would change depending on the dates selected by the report, although I don't know if this is possible... any ideas?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
v-huizhn-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @alexvc,

For your requirement, it's impossible. Calculate columns/tables are computed during database processing(e.g. data refresh) and then stored in the model, they do not response to user selections on the report. More details, please see the following knowledge base.

Calculated Column/Table Change Dynamically According to Slicer Selection in the Report.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Thanks for the reply Angelia, do you know any way I could trigger a filter (even at page level) upon a slicer change in the report? I'm basically trying to make a new slicer for "same stores" or "all stores", but this attribute depends on the dates chosen in a date slicer

Thanks

Alex

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Alex,

Have you found a solution to this problem. I'm facing the same issue

Hi @alexvc,

Here is a case, the report changes dynamically according to the choice in slicer, please review it and check if it is useful.

Best Regards,
Angelia

Hi @alexvc,

Have your resolved your issue? If you have not, please post some sample data for further analysis. So that I can post solution which is close to your requirement. If you have, please mark the helpful reply as answer, or welcome to share your solution. Thanks for understanding.

Thanks,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.