Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Be
Advocate I
Advocate I

Same slicers for multiple pages/tabs of report?

Does anyone know if there is a way to set slicers on one page/tab of a report that will then filter charts and tables that are located on another page/tab of the same report?

I've been playing with this idea and can't seem to figure out a way to make it happen. I have about 7 slicers for my dataset that take up a lot of room on the page of the report. I also have slicers for the date too. I'm hoping there is a way to set those same slicers to filter all of the other charts and tables I have on the other pages/tabs of the report.  

I've thought about using the report filters, but these are slicers that a user needs to be able to check off and on to see the trends in the data, especially as the data changes over time. 

Thanks for the help!

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

2 years down the line and functionality is not there... shame, it would be good to have it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Good day,

Please indicate whether this functionality has been added yet? It is quite an important requirement and users are very frustrated when they have to re-apply the same filters time and time again.

Your feedback is appreciated

Thyssen

@Anonymous - this isn't the place to expect updates on PBI functionality requests. If people tried to use the forums as update sites, they'd have to update every reference to these kinds of questions (i.e., the ones that generate a "add the suggestion here," or a "this has already been suggested, vote for it here," responses), which isn't the responsibility of the PBI community members.

If you want to keep track of the progress of this request, vote for at the link provided earlier in the post and then subscribe to the updates. That way you'll get the update in your mail whenever the status changes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Add my vote to the pile, @Be!

Elliott
Advocate II
Advocate II

Unfortunately, this functionality is not yet available within Power BI.

You can further vote for this functionality to be included through the following link:

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/9861216-allows-slicers-to-apply-t...

Thank you @Elliott, I gave this request 3 of my votes. 

MatherC
Frequent Visitor

Can you use report filters rather than slicers?   Those world control the filtering on all of the report's pages.

Hi all!

This indeed can be made with report filters - but is not so pretty or intuitive for complex filters. I gave some of my votes also for such a possibility to separate slicers in a "Filtering" page.

Oops, I missed the reference to report filters in the orginal post.  Sorry.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.