Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

viralpatel21
Helper II
Helper II

Same result in all months error

Hi Team

It me again lol. Normally i am good with creating measures but for some reason i am not getting a monthly breakdown in my table. I am getting the same total for all months. it even create a total for a blank month? So what the measure is doing its counting the number of members from the accounts table but its filtering if there been more that 1 transaction from the BalanceAdjustment table.

viralpatel21_0-1621521861728.png

VolumeofID =
CALCULATE(
DISTINCTCOUNT(BalanceAdjustments[TransactionId]),
FILTER(
BalanceAdjustments,
BalanceAdjustments[Load_Type] = "Bank Transfer" ||
BalanceAdjustments[Load_Type] = "Digital Asset" ||
BalanceAdjustments[Load_Type] = "TopUP"),
USERELATIONSHIP(BalanceAdjustments[Date],FeeDate[Date])
)

viralpatel21_1-1621522096603.png

Relationships:

FeeDate[Date] 1 to many Aufsaaccounts[createdon]

FeeDate[Date] 1 to mant BalanceAdjustments[Date]

BalanceAdjustment[AccountNumber] Many to many a au_fsaccountses[fsaacountreference]

Im not sure what im doing wrong. I checked all the dates format and it is correct?

thanks

viral

3 REPLIES 3
v-yetao1-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @viralpatel21 

I think it may be the many to many relationship that caused the measure you created to return the same result .

Could you provide some data or sample ? According to your diagram, I have no way to determine the specific reason .

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Ailsa Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@viralpatel21 , Data model has an issue. You should remove that M-M join if need to have more dimension/bridge table like feedate. Once you remove that many to many, you can update those as active relationship

https://www.seerinteractive.com/blog/join-many-many-power-bi/

hi @amitchandak 

thanks for the reply. Im still getting confused on how to do that?

But if i didnt remove the M-M relationship because there are more tables that factors into the data model... how would i fix the current problem?

thanks

viral

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.