Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ezequiel
Employee
Employee

Same report with multiple views

Hi...I have a report with 3 tabs. I need some users to see only one of those tabs. I can create a new report under the same workspace but when I refresh the report from the Power BI Desktop, I need to make sure both reports will be refreshed to avoid mistakes and have only one refreshed. Is there any way to update both at the same time?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nope. Try this. Publish your report. Go to your report in your workspace... at the top-left-ish, you'll see "Pin Live Page." Click that, select "New Dashboard" and enter a name.

The report then shows up as a dashboard and the slicers/parameters can be adjusted.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@ezequiel,

Since the reports are two separate PBIX files, you'll need to refresh and republish both.

There's two potential options:

1. Set up a gateway in to automate data updates, cutting Power BI Desktop out of the refresh process

2. To solve your security concerns, and prevent the need for multiple reports entirely, maybe look into using Row-Level Security.

Hi! In essence this is one PBIX file with 3 tabs. Using the security feature you mentioned is it possible to define that some users can see only the tab 1 and 2 and others the tab 3?

Thanks again!

@ezequiel,

Per the name, Row-Level-Security controls visibility of certain rows of data to certain user roles. It can't affect the actual report canvas (i.e. tabs).

What type of info are you trying to keep separate?

Why don't you try pinning certain visuals onto specific dashboards, and then share the specific dashboard for the specific user. Then when you update/republish the report, the corresponding dashboards will update too.

Hi...the problem with that is that I need the user to work with the information and applu filters, something that they can't if I'm embed this into a dashboard...am I right?

Nope. Try this. Publish your report. Go to your report in your workspace... at the top-left-ish, you'll see "Pin Live Page." Click that, select "New Dashboard" and enter a name.

The report then shows up as a dashboard and the slicers/parameters can be adjusted.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.