Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

priyanath1988
Helper III
Helper III

Same metric shows different values on different tabs

Hi , I have a filter Center id, based on that I am fetching Cetner name. This works fine on the page where filter is define but the same measure does not show then selected value

selected center = 

VAR CenterName =  if(ISBLANK(SELECTEDVALUE(Dim_Centers[CENTER_ID])),"All",CALCULATE(MIN(Dim_Centers[CENTER_NAME])))
RETURN CenterName

priyanath1988_0-1677748142192.png

but on the different tab selected center shows all.

priyanath1988_1-1677748218458.png

Could you please see what could be the issue?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
priyanath1988
Helper III
Helper III

Thank you @MAwwad for your response. My measure selected center is defined in the same table from where the center id is coming. so I am cwondering why it would not work.

MAwwad
Super User
Super User

It seems that the issue you are facing is related to the filter context being different on the two tabs.

The measure "selected center" is calculated based on the selected value of the "Dim_Centers[CENTER_ID]" column. On the first tab, where the filter is defined, the measure works fine because the filter context is applied to the visual and the "Dim_Centers[CENTER_ID]" column is filtered accordingly. However, on the second tab, the filter context might be different, and the "Dim_Centers[CENTER_ID]" column might not be filtered to the selected value.

To ensure that the measure works consistently across all tabs, you can try adding the "Dim_Centers[CENTER_ID]" column to the filter context of the visual on the second tab. To do this, go to the "Visualizations" pane, select the visual, and drag the "Dim_Centers[CENTER_ID]" column to the "Filters" field. This will ensure that the visual is filtered based on the selected center and the measure "selected center" will show the correct value.

Alternatively, you can also try using the "USERELATIONSHIP" function in the measure to explicitly define the relationship between the "Dim_Centers" table and the fact table used in the visual. This can help to ensure that the filter context is applied consistently across all tabs.

I hope this helps you resolve the issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.