Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

jiinson
Helper I
Helper I

Same Values in Slicer

2-22-2017 2-35-41 PM.png

What is the reason I have two same values in my slicer? It happened after I appended two tables. I have checked spelling and those are exactly same (ex. Europe = Europe)

2-22-2017 2-45-53 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Can you share your pbix file?

Are you using a lookup table for your slicer field?  You would extract the column of Region and remove duplicates, then create a relationship between the lookup and data table.  If you remove dupes and still see "dupes" of region names, try using Trim and Clean before removing dupes.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

There is likely a trailing whitespace or non-printable character.  Use the "Trim" and "Clean" functions in the query editor to see if that does the trick.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Do you get the same result when pressing the top Europe only as when you press the bottom Europe only?

Meaning do you get results only from the corresponding table only?

@Sean Yes, I am getting the same result.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Okay sorry so just to be clear

When you press the top Europe you get a total from both tables

when you press bottom Europe you get the same total again from both tables

and when you select BOTH Europes in the slicer you also get the same total from both tables

so in all 3 of those cases you get the same info?

@Sean

No problem.

So, my clicer is in single selection mode. (is not able to press multiple selection)

In some reason, when I press the top Europe both top and bottom Europe are selected. So I am getting same total. 

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Before we go any further in the Query Editor - right-click the Region Column in the Appended Query and both Trim and Clean

Trim and Clean.png

@Sean @dkay84_PowerBI

trim and clean function doesn't work.

Sean
Community Champion
Community Champion

Okay next thing we need to check...

Have you Unchecked Enable Load from the 2 tables you said you appended?

Or all tables you have appended for that matter?

Don't worry they'll will be updated when you Refresh and the Appended table will get the new data too

but only the Appended table will load into the Data Model

Appended Table.png

Can you share your pbix file?

Are you using a lookup table for your slicer field?  You would extract the column of Region and remove duplicates, then create a relationship between the lookup and data table.  If you remove dupes and still see "dupes" of region names, try using Trim and Clean before removing dupes.

@Sean didn't I say that already? 😉

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.