Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Rygaard
Resolver I
Resolver I

Same Rows - 2 sets of columns - can it be done?

I have a matrix where i show a Production site, the production number for the last 28 days, sameperiod last year and the dif between thouse 2

then i have a matrix where i show prodoction for the same Produciton sites, but production pr week

since the weeks are messures in my calender i can easyly show them in matrix 2.

what my client really want is to combine them to one - so the produciton sites ares shown, then for each site you see the last 28 days  in column 1 and the same periode last year in Column 2, column 3 is the diff, colum 4 is this week, column 5 is the week before .. and so on

SiteLast 28 dayslast 28 days, LYDif in %week 15Week 14.......
Berlin500400+25%100200...
Paris400500-25%158300...
Milano8008000200400...

I can easy make all the messures - and if i split it into 2  matrix this is easy (red in one, blue in othere .. and both have black as rows) - but how to combine them into one ?

I tried to overlay them - and the result was actualy pretty good, until we hit a period where   there suddenly was a site in Malmö that had produced in week 2 but not in the last 28 days then it looks messy.

Perhaps it can be custom coded in R ??  - I have never tried to use R so dont know the limits / scope of it

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

See if this helps: https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Quick-Measures-Gallery/The-New-Hotness-Custom-Matrix-Hierarchy/td-p...

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Rygaard 

I think you are looking for Hybrid table. I posted an idea a few days Back please vote for that

https://ideas.powerbi.com/forums/265200-power-bi-ideas/suggestions/39773011-hybrid-table-matrix-and-...

I think, some custom solution need to be used

Hybrid.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.