Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

fcivardi
Advocate I
Advocate I

Salesforce data load stops at 128001

I try lo load the Account table  and it stops at 128.001 with one error (I've seen there is another post with the same problem). If I refer to the same query, I can get different numbers:

-- 128.001 rows

#Account table

let
    Source = Salesforce.Data(),
    OpportunityLineItem = Source{[Name="Account"]}[Data],
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(OpportunityLineItem,{"Id", "Name", "RecordTypeId"})
in
    #"Removed Other Columns"

-- this refers to the previous query and gets 222.001 rows:

let
    Source = #"Account Table"
in
    Source

9 REPLIES 9
BIUser1524

Has anyone identified the solution to this problem? I am getting the same error "URL too long". I tried Power BI as well as Excel PowerQuery and I get the same error. It think it is because the table has too many columns. The error message gives the URL and it is all (or most) of the columns listed one after another. I don't have any ability to update the table or change the number of columns. Any help would be hugly appreciated!

Beckham
Advocate II
Advocate II

This happens ALL THE TIME at our organization. It's not pulling in all the rows from Salesforce. 

The only work around we've been able to figure out, is to load the entire object into excel without filtering anything in powerquery (from what I understand, when you filter in powerquery, it bumps into salesforce's restrictions very fast). Then once it's loaded into a table, create a new query and link to the loaded table. Then perform your transformations in a second query locally.

joeort
Frequent Visitor

I have the same problem.  PBI Support keeps telling me to update to the latest version (which I have - currently Jan 2016) and that's supposed to fix it.  It's made the product unreliable and frustrating to work with.

I've had lower numbers pull through and still get the error which then cascades into the later tables not loading at all (1 row loaded 1 error; turns out it's a blank table row).  Contact tables have loaded at 234 and 1 error and 82,001 and 1 error.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Generally when I have run into similar issues it comes down to some bad data. I had similar issues with certain fields in Microsoft CRM when loading Leads. That being said, it looks like you are only loading a single field so you can't get around it like I did by removing fields. What is the error?

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

How can I see the error?  I only see " loaded x rows with 1 error"

@fcivardi Can you run the following query:

= Table.SelectRowsWithErrors(PreviousStep)

DataSource.Error: The operation has timed out Details: https://my.salesforce.com/services/data/v29.0/query/01g2000002x2iwbAAA-128000

Not sure how you are connecting into Salesforce.com but be aware that Salesforce.com has execution Governors and Limits to prevent performance issues.  It is quite possible that Salesforce.com connectivity is telling you that you are limited in the data you can extract.

Check out the url below for more info.....

https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.apexcode.meta/apexcode/apex_gov_limits.htm

Diana

@fcivardi - Probably the best thing to do would be to turn on logging. Go to File | Options & Settings | Options | Diagnostics and check the box to enable Tracing. Run the data load and then take a look at the trace file.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.