Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Andshepch
Advocate II
Advocate II

Salesforce Reports - Access to the Resource is forbidden

Hi all,

I have an extremely frustrating problem that might actually be a showstopper with regards to IMplementing Power BI across my organisation. I have been responsible for developing a number of dashboards for the company, combining Salesforce Reports and Excel files hosted on Sharepoint online. Now we are trybing to move into production phase and other colleagues now need to be able to make changes to the Dashboards, as I can't do it all.

We have reports/datasets that I have published to the cloud and work fine (Scheduled Refresh etc) - but when another colleague tries to download and edit the PBIX files in Desktop they keep getting "Access to the resource is forbidden" from the Salesforce reports - despite all of these colleagues having access rights to the reports/folders in Salesforce. We have looked at the Data source settings in their Power BI desktop (Global and Current file) logged out, logged in etc. with no problem, using our company credantials, and Power bi Says that they are logged in fine to both Salesforce and to Sharepoint, but we keep getting this error.

We have invested a lot of time in Training and design of dashboards, but if we can't overcome this it might be the end for Power BI for us, so I would be really greatful if anyone has any ideas of what we might try.

Thank you

Andrew

1 REPLY 1
v-danhe-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Andshepch,

From your description, where your colleagues want to modify your report? Could you mean that you have published your report to the PBI service or just connect to the saleforce in power bi service?

Could your colleagues edit your report in the service?

1.PNG

Also please ensure that your colleagues have modified credentials, you could go to File->Options and Settings->Data Source Settings, find the Salesforce data source, click “Edit permissions” to change credential.

Regards,

Daniel He

Community Support Team _ Daniel He
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.