Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Objects Power BI Connecter

Hello eveyone

I am importing data from Salesforce into Power BI. I noticed that a certain amount of contracts are not imported into Power BI. I can see them on Saleforce, so I would presume that it's not a permission issue. The SF Dev said the same. He also said that all contracts come from the same template. 

Does anyone know if there is a restriction on the Salesforce side of things or something to do with a limitation on import to Power BI?

Thanks

Joe

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found the problem. It is a permission issue after all

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have found the problem. It is a permission issue after all

@Anonymous , Can you provide details on how you resolved it? So that others can get benefitted 

Barbaros_Yamak
Frequent Visitor

Hi, if you are connecting to the reports not the objects there is a limit but i don't recall any limitations on object part.
if you can get a temp admin access and fetch data with that permissons to cross check you can be sure it is not related to permission. At least this what i have tried when i was working with Salesforce Connector on PBI.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Can you open the power query and check for any error there?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @amitchandak 

Thanks for getting back to me.

The Power Query is ok as it is importing the majority of the data into Power BI, But when I search for certain accounts, they do not appear in the data that was imported. I tried different tyoes of filtering on the account id and name columns, Using Trim etc.

But unfortunately the accounts cannot be found. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.