Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Salesforce Objects Join Performance Problem

Hello

I am using Desktop to connect to a Salesforce org and extract data using the Salesforce Objects option.

The tables/objects come down fine and I can then filter them and select only the required columns from each without any problems and this is fairly quick.

My problem is that as soon as I try to join any of these tables (using Id columns) together using the merge option the performance becomes unusable with it will just not return even a preview after up to 30 minutes of waiting. This is just joining a table with c. 45k rows with a user table of 8 rows to reduce the number down from 45k rows. I am unable to use Salesforce Reports as the data required is over 2000 rows.

Are there any tips or guidance on how best to use Salesforce Objects and then be able to manipulate the data in Desktop without hitting performance problems? Or why I might be experiencing these problems?

Any help gratefully received.

Rob

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi Rob,

Is it necessary to join these tables? Maybe you can connect with each other by relationships. This could be the best practices. 

Best Regards,

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Dale

Yes unfortunately it is necessary to do the joins as I need to in effect write 2 queries and then join the data together in a 3rd query to get to the results I need.

I have managed to write the queries in Excel using Power Query and it just about runs but is very sproradic as to whether it will complete. When I transfer the same code to PowerBI they will just not run and time out.

Kind regards
Rob

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.