Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cyberphew
Regular Visitor

Sales matrix without hierarchy

Hi, I am very new to Power BI and I am trying to create a matrix displaying sales totals for different customers. What I want to achieve is something like this:

each record in my dataset is (customer number, customer name, campaign, invoice number, amount, date).

The problem is that when I add the customer number and then the name to "Rows" in the matrix, they will appear in a hierarchy automatically. IS there a way I can define the columns without the hierarchy? 

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @cyberphew,

Once you add multiple fields in Row section or Column section of Matrix visual, it will be shown in hierarchy  format automatically. It is not allowed to disable this behavior currently.

To achieve your desired output, after adding all relative fields into Matrix, please click the third drill down option for three times. Besides, turn off the "Stepped Layout" option under the Row headers menu.

3.PNG

1.PNG2.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
SivaMani
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

HI @cyberphew,

Can you add your snap shot again? 

I didn't get it.

cyberphew
Regular Visitor

Hi, I am very new to Power BI and I am trying to create a matrix displaying sales totals for different customers. What I want to achieve is something like this:

each record in my dataset is (customer number, customer name, campaign, invoice number, amount, date).

The problem is that when I add the customer number and then the name to "Rows" in the matrix, they will appear in a hierarchy automatically. IS there a way I can define the columns without the hierarchy? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.