Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Mix % column showing -Infinity while inverse Column Shows %'s

Can someone please help me figure out why my % mix of negative categories is displaying "-Infinty" instead of a % while the % mix of my positive categories is displaying correctly?  

I have also noticed that if I filter to a period where there are more negatives than positives, the issue flip flops?  I can provide a screen shot and more info if needed.

Thank you for your help.

3 REPLIES 3
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous ,

Share more detailed information if possible. You may try using DIVIDE.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-chuncz-msft Thank you for responding!  Here is a screen shot of the issue and then i will provide some context:

Bleeders and Leaders % Mix Issue.PNG

I have created Sales "Bleeders" and Sales "Leaders".  Bleeders represents the departments that are down based off of the YoY sales measure and leaders are based off of the departments that are up YoY in sales.  I created these columns by using the following formulas

Bleeders = IF([YOY Sales]<0, [YOY Sales])

Leaders = IF([YOY Sales]>0,[YOY Sales])

These formulas than put the negative YOY Sales in the bleeders column and the Positive YOY sales in the Leaders Column.  

I then Created Bleeders % Mix and Total % Mix and the same for Leaders.  The difference between the % Mix column and the Total % Mix column is one formula has "ALL" and the other has "ALLSELECTED" so If i drill down i can still see the Mix % for the specific area i drilled down on and the other remains the total % mix.

Bleeders % Mix = [Sales Bleeders] / CALCULATE([Sales Bleeders],ALLSELECTED(MerchandiseProduct))

Bleeders Total % Mix = [Sales Bleeders] / CALCULATE([Sales Bleeders],ALL(MerchandiseProduct))

Leaders % Mix = [Sales Leaders]/CALCULATE([Sales Leaders],ALLSELECTED(MerchandiseProduct))

Leaders Total % Mix = [Sales Leaders]/CALCULATE([Sales Leaders],ALL(MerchandiseProduct))

So when I was filtered on a different time frame and there were mor positive YOY Numbers, i was getting the totals to show up under the Leaders column and the "-infinty" was popping up under Bleeders.  Now that i have filtered on a timeframe that has more negative YOY numbers, the totals are under the Bleeders column and the "Infinity" numbers are under the Leaders Column.

Sorry i know this is long winded but i cant seem to figure this out.  Im able to formulate % Mix no problem when its being calculated from one column but once i try to seperate it out by bleeders and leaders, this is where it all comes crashing down.

Thanks and please let me know if you need more info

Anonymous
Not applicable

Here is a screen shot of a time period with more Positive YOY Sales Numbers and as you can see, "Infinty" and the blank totals has switched from Leaders to bleeders.

Bleeders and Leaders % Mix Issue __ -infinity.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.