Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sales Force Direct Query Mode

Hello, I have connected Salefroce DB using salefroce objects custom connection. I wanted the direct Query Mode in it but sadly it is not supported.

I want to display the most recent data all the time as Data Changes every minute. I thought of refreshing data through PowerAutomate every 2 minutes but the problem is "Report page on web service" don't refresh automatically as Page refresh is only supported for SQL and likewise DBs.

Please guide me what should I do? How can I mimic the Direct Query functionality or either add auto page refresh somehow as PowerBi report will always be open and displayed on the monitor moslty.

Any help or suggestion will highly be appreciated. 

5 REPLIES 5
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi , @Anonymous 

Do you have resolved it? If yes, you could accept the helpful answer as solution. You also could share your own solution here. For now, there is no content of description in the thread. If you still need help, please share more details to us.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , There was change detection feature released in April 2020. Not sure it can help in your case. You can have a look

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/power-bi-desktop-april-2020-feature-summary/#_Change_detection

@amitchandak good advice but not sure how it is helpful? it is clearly stated that is for direct query data source and afaik, SF is an import data source, not DQ. Do you think otherwise? Let me know.

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

As of a couple releases ago the SFDC Object connector supports query folding - sort of.  When you connect to an object and then specify your column selection and filter criteria it actually results in a tailored SOQL query. You can verify that with the "Diagnose"  option.  "Native Query"  is still greyed out, but that's basically what is happening.

Just connect to the object, specify your cutoff criteria and observe the SOQL.

On the service you cannot use Report page auto refresh but you can use dashboards and you can initiate dataset refreshes via Power Automate.

@Anonymous I guess you know that you can do a maximum of 8-time refresh using Power Automate if you are not using Power BI premium. Are you using premium?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.