Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Goldbeckcaschmi
Regular Visitor

Safe selected visual in bookmark to toggle between shown filters

Hi forum!

I created two buttons to toggle between two table visuals using bookmarks.

To do so I hide on of the visuals and show the other one and vice versa. I also can include if the filter area is shown or not after selecting a bookmark. So this information can be safed.

If I now apply some filter options for the shown table visual and then use the toggle button to show the other table visual, the shown filter area on the right side remains to be the one for the visual that is not longer visible.

Is there a way to also safe the information visual is in focus/selected to update the shown filter bei toggling through the visuals using bookmarks? Or is there another way to achieve this behaviour? Otherwise the users see another visual but apply filters for the hidden one and wonder why there is no change in the shown table visual.

Thanks and best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Goldbeckcaschmi ,

In other words, you want to be able to switch the selected visual while switching bookmarks?

v-lionel-msft_0-1620377608037.png

Unfortunately, as teseted, it's impossible to realize the idea in current version( 2.92.706.0 64-bit (April 2021)).

Please submit your idea .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-lionel-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Goldbeckcaschmi ,

v-lionel-msft_0-1620026577259.png

v-lionel-msft_1-1620026596268.png

That is, when you click the button, the filter will be reset? This is true, unless you save the filters to your bookmarks.

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi @v-lionel-msft ,

Thanks you very much for your reply!

I can try to explain my point based on your screenshots:

In the first screenshot the left table is selected/focused. You can see this, because of the frame with the 8 little parts of the border around it. Having this visual selected, the shown filter on the right belongs to this visual and shows the active filters for the left table.

In the second screenshot you switched to the right table. But the right table is not selected/focused. It has no frame/border around it. So the shown filter on the right of the second screenshot does not belong to the right table, but to the left one which we cannot see anymore, because it is hidden. You are right mentioning the fact, that filters can be safed to bookmarks. Your bookmark to show the right table does not include the filters for the left table, I assume. So there are no selected filters.

Is there a way to also safe the actually selected visual to a bookmark?

Because only if you can switch the focused visual the shown filter will be updates as well, when you click on the button to toggle between visuals.

I hope I have been able to describe my concern a little more precisely.

Thanks in advance and best regards!

Hi @Goldbeckcaschmi ,

In other words, you want to be able to switch the selected visual while switching bookmarks?

v-lionel-msft_0-1620377608037.png

Unfortunately, as teseted, it's impossible to realize the idea in current version( 2.92.706.0 64-bit (April 2021)).

Please submit your idea .

Best regards,
Lionel Chen

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.