Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SUMX or SUM produce wrong result

Hi all,

I'm having trouble with SUMX or SUM. It appears both deliver wrong (but same) result when I sum 4 columns in the same table. I believe it's related to commas in my numbers. You can see sample of the columns I'm Summing below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oum6QkO6MgzApr2rsGgv5zg6VVCeNN1SU8CaNBlvPdg/edit?usp=sharing

My measure with SUMX and SUM deliver the same result, see them below:

FBrevenueOfflineOnlineSUM = SUM('Facebook BM Attribution'[Website Purchases Conversion Value [1 Day After Viewing]]]) + SUM('Facebook BM Attribution'[Website Purchases Conversion Value [1 Day After Clicking]]]) + SUM('Facebook BM Attribution'[Offline Purchases Conversion Value [28 Days After Viewing]]]) + SUM('Facebook BM Attribution'[Offline Purchases Conversion Value [28 Days After Clicking]]])

FBrevenueOfflineOnlineSUMX = SUMX('Facebook BM Attribution', 'Facebook BM Attribution'[Website Purchases Conversion Value [1 Day After Viewing]]] + 'Facebook BM Attribution'[Website Purchases Conversion Value [1 Day After Clicking]]] + 'Facebook BM Attribution'[Offline Purchases Conversion Value [28 Days After Viewing]]] + 'Facebook BM Attribution'[Offline Purchases Conversion Value [28 Days After Clicking]]])

Let me know what I might be doing wrong. Appreciate your time and help!

Kind regards,
Ivan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I have tested with your data and formula have, they work fine.
Regarding to commas, it is important to know that Power BI cannot read decimal commas, you need to change your commas to decimal point.

Paul

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @Anonymous 

I have tested with your data and formula have, they work fine.
Regarding to commas, it is important to know that Power BI cannot read decimal commas, you need to change your commas to decimal point.

Paul

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank @V-pazhen-msft , I'll keep that in mind when working with my data sources.

Appreciate your time and help!

Ivan

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.