Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SUMX measure with two column filters but need to be unaltered by any slicers

Hi All,

This is my first post in this forum.

I am stuck with an issue with a SUMX.

My formula is:

CALCULATE( SUM (Data[Sales]) , FILTER(Data , Data[Product] = "A" && Data[Manager] = "Mgr1") )

I have placed this in a Card visual in a page.

This works fine, but the value will change based on any slicer selection made in the page (the page has some slicers)

What needs to be altered in the formula so that the measure value does not change based on slicer selection in the page?

Advance Thanks for any help 🙂

Regards

Krishnakumar

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Add an ALL to eliminate the effect of the slicers:

CALCULATE( SUM (Data[Sales]) , FILTER(ALL(Data) , Data[Product] = "A" && Data[Manager] = "Mgr1") )

If the slicers are on columns of a table other than Data, you'll need an ALL on that table too (or rather the colums of that table used in the slicer)

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

Add an ALL to eliminate the effect of the slicers:

CALCULATE( SUM (Data[Sales]) , FILTER(ALL(Data) , Data[Product] = "A" && Data[Manager] = "Mgr1") )

If the slicers are on columns of a table other than Data, you'll need an ALL on that table too (or rather the colums of that table used in the slicer)

Please mark the question solved when done and consider giving kudos if posts are helpful.

Contact me privately for support with any larger-scale BI needs, tutoring, etc.

Cheers 

SU18_powerbi_badge

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi AIB,

This is exactly what i wanted. Thank you so much.

However when i try "Accept as solution" it shows me some error like below and i dont know why.

Not able to "like" too

"Authentication failed for the action you are trying to do. This failure could be due to your browser not supporting JavaScript, JavaScript not being enabled, or trying to use the action URL directly in the browser address bar instead of clicking the link on the page."

Regards

Krishnakumar

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.