Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

munirtrad
Regular Visitor

SUMMARIZED Table Visual

Hi all,

After creating a SUMMARIZE "table" with 2 columns:

COLUMN 1: Article numbers (all distinct)

COLUMN 2: (Expression from SUMMARIZE formula) -> Values that goe from 0/Blank to 400.

When I put a visual based on that table to show me a COUNT of the Article Numbers (COLUMN 1) with "0/Blank" it counts to 0 (even though there are plenty). When I ask it to COUNT articles with values greater than 0 it works fine.

How can I get my visual to count the second column (Expression from SUMMARIZE formula) with values 0. It seesms like they don't exist.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-easonf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @munirtrad 

What fields are used in your table  visual? Can you show a screenshot of the table visual?

In addition, please check whether it may be caused by the option 'show items with no data'.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Eason

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@munirtrad so you are using a table visual, putting formula column and then count of articles? And you are saying for blank rows it shows no count of articles although you see it in the calculated table, correct?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi ! Correct! I choose table visual and for example simply put COUNT OF ARTICLES as a value. Even just there I only see the count for the number of articles on a row where the number is other than 0 or blank. It doesn't even show the number of 0-value articles in the total. I have tried everything and I am getting to a point where I think this is happening because the 0/blank values are in the "EXPRESSION" part of the SUMMARIZE table formula. It's to me like anything with a 0 or blank value on the EXPRESSION stops existing.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.