cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

SUMMARIZE table without blanks

I would like to have all unique values from a column in order to use it as a dimension table. Here is how I do that:

Quiny_Harl_0-1606490866894.png

Yet, even though I'm excluding the blank ones I still have one blank. On top of that, when I try to connect it to my fact table it says that the relationship is many to many even though I don't see any duplicate values in this table.

Will appreciate any help!

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Quiny_Harl,

In fact, blank records can be matched with multiple scenarios(blank, empty string, unrecognized special characters), I'd like to suggest you double-check your record value to confirm its type.

In addition, you can also take a look at the below blog about handle blank in Dax to know more them:

Handling BLANK in DAX 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Super User IV
Super User IV

@Quiny_Harl , Try

summarize(filter(Table, not(isblank([objective]) )),[campaign_id])

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
Dashboard of My Blogs !! YouTube Channel !! Connect on Linkedin

Proud to be a Super User!

Super User IV
Super User IV

Are you sure it is blank and not a space or other character?  If so, please try DISTINCT(campaign_id[objective]) instead.  It will exclude the blank row.

Regards,

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power BI Super Users!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite with Arun Ulag

Featured Session: Drive Data Culture with Power BI- Vision, Strategy & Roadmap. Register here https://myignite.microsoft.com #MSIgnite #PowerPlatform #Power BI ​

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

secondImage

The largest Power BI virtual conference

100+ sessions, 100+ speakers, Product managers, MVPs, and experts. All about Power BI. Attend online or watch the recordings.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors