Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SUMMARIZE Function

Halo People

So the summarize function dont seem to work as expected, see below. The error does not make sense, since the expression is merely a sum(table[tonnes column) and I just saw someone in a youtube video using it the exact same way?

image.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are trying to create this as Measure, Navigate to Modelling -> New Table, ad use the formula there.

Thanks

Raj

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
MarcoRotta
Resolver I
Resolver I

The SUMMARIZE command will create a new table. It really seems you're trying to use it in a measure, which will not work. So, first make sure you are at the "Data view" when you use it (not on the report view). I'd also make sure that your columns/fields, such as "Tonnes & Carats" are properly reference, usually in the "Table[Field]" format. 

Regards. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Aha, I feel silly thank you very much. This makes a lot of sense

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you are trying to create this as Measure, Navigate to Modelling -> New Table, ad use the formula there.

Thanks

Raj

Hello,

I have two tables like TBL and CUST. I have created the CUST table using the DAX.

CUST=
ADDCOLUMNS(
SUMMARIZE(FILTER(TBL,NOT(TBL[Account])=BLANK()),TBL[Account ],
"Sale",CALCULATE(SUM(TBL[Sale Amount]),FILTER(TBL,TBL[Ind]="Yes"),FILTER(TBL,TBL[Ind2]="Yes" && NOT(TBL[Code]) IN {"4"} ))
),
"Grp",
IF ( [Premium] >=0 && [Premium]<100, "0-100",IF ( [Premium] >=100&& [Premium]<500, "100-500",IF ( [Premium] >=500 && [Premium]<1000, "500-1000M",IF ( [Premium] >=1000, "1000+" )))))
Now, I have created a relationship between those two tables using "Account" column and created a Cust Grp column in TBL using Related(CUST[Grp]). I want build a customer count based on grouping. 
Problem:
Counts were fine when there were no filters applied but when I apply a filter on TBL tables Sale amount in CUST table is not filtering(I selected filtering as Both direction). As a result, counts in the group are not being calculated properly. 
For example, if I filter country in TBL to the "USA" the premium in the CUST table is not changing.

Please help me out!!!!
Thanks in advance!!!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.