Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

raymond
Post Patron
Post Patron

SUM the MAX Values

Hi everyone,

I browsed through several topics but couldnt find an answer...so I am writing now 🙂

I have a Matrix with several Max Values. The Matrix has the granularity of "City". However, I want to SUM the MAX values for that given Country. 

2021-06-01 17_37_01-sample - Excel.png

Think of the values in the columns as people with blond, brunette and black hair. Hence in Germany we have 3 hair types in total and not 4 (which would be the sum). In Munich we have 1 hair type.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
raymond
Post Patron
Post Patron

I have found a solution on my own. It was after all more simple than I have initially thought.

Value = 
MAXX( TABLE ,TABLE[Max value A] ) +
MAXX( TABLE ,TABLE[Max value B] ) +
MAXX( TABLE ,TABLE[Max value C] )

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
raymond
Post Patron
Post Patron

I have found a solution on my own. It was after all more simple than I have initially thought.

Value = 
MAXX( TABLE ,TABLE[Max value A] ) +
MAXX( TABLE ,TABLE[Max value B] ) +
MAXX( TABLE ,TABLE[Max value C] )
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @raymond ,

You could try the following measure:

Measure = CALCULATE(MAX('Table'[Max value A])+MAX('Table'[Max value B])+MAX('Table'[Max value C]),FILTER(ALL('Table'),'Table'[Country]=MAX('Table'[Country])))

base  data:

v-luwang-msft_0-1622707010496.png

And final output:

v-luwang-msft_1-1622707024226.png

Wish it is helpful for you!

Best Regards

Lucien

Nathaniel_C
Super User
Super User

Hi @raymond ,
What is your logic that Germany's sum is 3 and not 4?

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Thank you.

I want to find out how many values generally occur for each country. In Germany only 3 attributes or traits occur. 

Think of it as people with blond, brunette and black hair. Hence in Germany we have 3 hair types and not 4. In Munich we have 1 hair type.

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @raymond ,

the following should work:

New Column = CALCULATE( MAX( myTable[Max Value A] ), ALLEXCEPT( myTable, myTable[City] ) ) + CALCULATE( MAX ( myTable[Max Value B] ), ALLEXCEPT( myTable, myTable[City] ) ) + CALCULATE( MAX ( myTable[Max Value C] ), ALLEXCEPT( myTable, myTable[City] ) )

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@raymond , If Max Value A , MAx Value B are column values not measure

then try

sumx(summarize(Table, Table[country], Table[city], "_1", CALCUALTE(Max(Table[Value]))), [_1])

Thank you @amitchandak and @Nathaniel_C but unfortunately this wasnt working the way it was intended.

Think of the values in the columns as people with blond, brunette and black hair. Hence in Germany we have 3 hair types and not 4. In Munich we have 1 hair type.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.