Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

schwinnen
Helper V
Helper V

SUM of value for current week

I want to calculate the SUM of 'Valid Production Shipments' for the current week.  I will then need to figure out the SUM of 'Valid Production Shipments' for the previous week, but I believe I can figure that out once I figure out the current week.  

I am using the following formula:

Weekly Prod Shipments =
CALCULATE (
SUM ('Prod Ops'[Valid Production Shipment] ),
FILTER(ALL('Prod Ops'),'Prod Ops'[Prod Ops WEEK NUMBER]
= min ('Prod Ops'[Prod Ops WEEK NUMBER])))

Where am I going wrong?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

hi, @schwinnen

Is "current week" the weeknum  of today?

You could try this formula as below:

First, you need to add a year number column

Year Number = YEAR('Prod Ops'[QA Prod.origin_earliest_arrival_et])

If there are two or more years in the dataset, this will lead to multiple same Week Number

Second, try this formula

New Weekly Prod Shipments = 
CALCULATE (
FILTER(ALL('Prod Ops'[Week Number],'Prod Ops'[Year Number]),'Prod Ops'[Week Number]
= WEEKNUM(TODAY())&&'Prod Ops'[Year Number]=YEAR(TODAY())))

Result:

2.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AlB
Super User
Super User

Hi @schwinnen

Are you sure you're not eliminating other filters you'd want active by using ALL('Prod Ops') instead of ALL('Prod Ops'[Prod Ops WEEK NUMBER])? What about the year?

What is the setup Where are you using this measure? (I am assuming it is a measure and not a calculated column)

Weekly Prod Shipments is a measure.  

Valid Production shipments is a calculated column in my data.  There are rows and rows of shipments in my data.  If a shipment is valid, it is given a value of 1 and if it is not valid, it is given a value of 0.  So my measure is attempting to sum the valid shipments in the current week.  

I have a column called origin_earliest_arrival_et, which is the exact date and time the route is scheduled to begin.

My week number column is:
Week Number = WEEKNUM('Prod Ops'[QA Prod.origin_earliest_arrival_et])

So I need a sum of all Valid Production Shipments within the current Week Number.

As an example, I created a similar measure for daily shipments and it seems to be working perfectly.  So, it is just a matter of translating the below formula to calculate current week instead of current day.

Daily Prod Shipments =
CALCULATE (
FILTER(ALL('Prod Ops'[QA Prod.origin_earliest_arrival_et].[Date]), 'Prod Ops'[QA Prod.origin_earliest_arrival_et].[Date]
= TODAY()))

hi, @schwinnen

Is "current week" the weeknum  of today?

You could try this formula as below:

First, you need to add a year number column

Year Number = YEAR('Prod Ops'[QA Prod.origin_earliest_arrival_et])

If there are two or more years in the dataset, this will lead to multiple same Week Number

Second, try this formula

New Weekly Prod Shipments = 
CALCULATE (
FILTER(ALL('Prod Ops'[Week Number],'Prod Ops'[Year Number]),'Prod Ops'[Week Number]
= WEEKNUM(TODAY())&&'Prod Ops'[Year Number]=YEAR(TODAY())))

Result:

2.JPG

Best Regards,

Lin

Community Support Team _ Lin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-lili6-msft, this does seem to be the correct solution.  Thank you for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.