Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

smatesic
Helper I
Helper I

SUM of columns in two different tables

I've been encountering this issue more and more lately and can't find the solution. Is it possible to summurize two columns from two different tables?

Let's say I have this: Two tables in PBI. One is called "Salary", the other "Income". Each table has several columns including "amount of salary" (in Salary table) and "amount of income" (in Income table). Both columns are number type columns and I need to summarize them. Let's say total of "amount of salary" is 200.000 and total of "amount of income" is 500.000. I need to get that 700.000. How to do that if it's even posible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
HarrisMalik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@smatesic It should be straight forward. Just create a new measure as

TotalAmount = SUM(Table1[Amount]) + SUM(Table2[Amount])

It will give you sum on all conformed levels. If you need to do row by row sum then use SUMX function.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HarrisMalik
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@smatesic It should be straight forward. Just create a new measure as

TotalAmount = SUM(Table1[Amount]) + SUM(Table2[Amount])

It will give you sum on all conformed levels. If you need to do row by row sum then use SUMX function.

Hi, Did you figure this out?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, 

but this would give you the sum of the column. 

how would you get the sum of multiple measure by row like if it you wanted to sum the row values of a pivot table? 

Regards

Thank you so much. It really is straightforward and so simple. Never crossed my mind to use + sign when there is sum function.Thank you again

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.