Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

vbiqvitovs
Frequent Visitor

SUM of Row Count by Column Value

I've been trying to understand the DAX code required to build a calculated column that addresses count based on conditional formatting.

I have two tables, one table is acting as a summary table for FICO data for further analysis. The other table is the source table for the data.

I have a range value (FICO Band) for all rows in the source table. I would like to count (for total) the occurrences of each of one these values and import this count into the summary table via a calculated column named something like Count of FICO Range.

Entries in Source TableEntries in Source TableSummary TableSummary Table

Any assistance in crafting the DAX for the calculated column would be appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @vbiqvitovs,

According to your description, you can first create a relationship between your "Entries in Source Table" and "Summary Table" using "FICO" and "FICO Range" column. Then you should be able to use the formula below to create the "Count of FICO Range" calculated column in "Summary Table".

Count of FICO Range = COUNTROWS ( RELATEDTABLE ( 'Entries in Source Table' ) )

Regards

CheenuSing
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi @vbiqvitovs

If you create a measure that is CountofRows =  Calculate (Countrows(FICOBand))

and then plot FICO Range as the Axis and CountofRows as the Values you should get what you want.

If this olves your issue please accept this as a solution and also give KUDOS.

Cheers

CheenuSing

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution and also give KUDOS !

Proud to be a Datanaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.