Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

patri0t82
Post Patron
Post Patron

SUM of Measure

Hello,

I have a measure that is providing me with a value called MTBF. The measure itself is called [Relative 5YR Trailing MTBF]. It is the rightmost column in the visualization below.

What I need is a CALCULATE measure that will do two things.

1) Count the number of records where [Relative 5YR Trailing MTBF] returns ">60"

2) Filters out records where 'MTBF - Data'[Maintainable Item Code] <> "Minor Issue"

I've been playing around for sometime, but I can't seem to find a way to include a filtered measure in my Calculate measure.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Screenshot 2022-03-28 131115.png

8 REPLIES 8
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @patri0t82 ,

I cannot find the "TBF - Data'[Maintainable Item Code] <> "Minor Issue" from the table.

I have created a sample, please refer to it to see if it helps you.

Create a column first.

Column = IF('MTBF - Data'[ma]=">60",1,0)

Then create a measure.

Measure 2 = CALCULATE(COUNT('MTBF - Data'[Column]),FILTER(ALL('MTBF - Data'),'MTBF - Data'[Column]=1))

vpollymsft_0-1648708340274.png

If I have misunderstood your meaning, please provide your pbix file without privacy infromation and desired output.

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you so much for your response. Unfortunately I think I haven't been entirely clear. I'm working on a dummy file as we speak. In the meantime, I would mention that the column in that vizualization called "Relative 5YR Trailing MTBF" is actually a measure; not a column full of data.

I tried creating a custom column using the formula "  Column = IF('MTBF - Data'[Relative 5YR Trailing MTBF]="60",1,0)  " but it didn't seem to work. It finds the results for 60, however if I add a second IF statement for 15, it won't find anything. 

I'm essentially looking to place a Card that shows the count a number. Like for 60 it found 15 records. For >60 it found 28 records. etc.

MTBF - Data'[Maintainable Item Code] is another column from the MTBF-Data table that wasn't included in the vizualisation.

Hi @patri0t82 

I have replaced the column "Relative 5YR Trailing MTBF" using a measure named "ma". Please check. There is only a value satisfy the formula you are using Column = IF('MTBF - Data'[Relative 5YR Trailing MTBF]="60",1,0)  in your table. In your description, it seems you want the value is ">60". You have only provided partial data, and I cannot get your desired output.

Could you please provide your pbix file without privacy infromation and desired output.

Best Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Once again, thank you so much for any time you've been able to spend on this. I've sent you a PM with a link to a dummy file that should make things more clear.

Hi @patri0t82 ,

We do not have the right to view private messages, there is more information please reply in the post, thank you!

Best Regards

Is there anybody who would mind taking a look at this file for me? I was about to give up hope but figured I should ask just one more time.

Thanks again,

patri0t82
Post Patron
Post Patron

I feel like I've made some progress thanks to another post here in the forums, however my number is incorrect.

KPI - Count Failures - Motor - FinFan = 
VAR _1 =
    CALCULATE(
        COUNTROWS ('MTBF - Data'),
        FILTER ( VALUES ( 'MTBF - Data'[Equipment ID] ), [Relative 5YR Trailing MTBF] = 60),
        FILTER ( 'MTBF - Data', [Maintainable Item Code] <> "Minor Issue"),
        FILTER ( 'Asset List (Master)', [KPI Category] = "MOTOR - FINFAN")
    )
VAR _2 =
    IF ( ISBLANK ( _1 ), 0, _1 )
RETURN
    _2

The total count of "60" (in this case) should be 53, however it's returning 19. I have no idea where 19 is coming from. If I choose 15, I should get 44, however it returns 134.

If somebody can make sense of this code it would be greatly appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.