Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CiuCiCiao
Helper I
Helper I

SUM for Filtered Values

Hi guys,

I am definitely not a programmer, but I have to find a way out of this... I would really appreciate some help!

I have the table Cost which contains cumulative costs of production.

PerformanceMaterialHRStaff
Performance1 -    5.000  -   
Performance2 -    -    -   
Performance3 -    4.000  -   
Performance4 -    -    -   
Performance5 -    3.000  -   
Performance6 -    -    -   
N/A 30.000  -    10.000 

I have the table Revenue where each row represent a stream of production.

PerformanceTime
 Performance2  3 
 Performance6  7 
 Performance2  23 
 Performance1  7 
 Performance5  88 
 Performance5  34 
 Performance3  90 

I have the aggregated Cost that I want to spread for each line in Revenue as a function of the production time Revenue[Time].

So I need to do Cost*(Time/TotalTime). Then I realised that I need to divide the TotalTime for each Performance.

So my idea was the following:

=RELATED(Cost[Material])* Revenue[Time]/CALCULATE(SUM(Revenue[Time]),FILTER(Revenue, Revenue[Performance]="Performance1"))

This formula is working good for Performance1 but is still multipling the other performance for a fraction of the other values...

Any help?

Thanks

M.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@CiuCiCiao,

Create your column using the following DAX.

Column = RELATED(Cost[Material])* Revenue[Time]/ CALCULATE(SUM(Revenue[Time]),FILTER(Revenue,Revenue[Performance]=EARLIER(Revenue[Performance])))

Regards,

Community Support Team _ Lydia Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
CiuCiCiao
Helper I
Helper I

Robot Frustrated

@CiuCiCiao,

Based on your description and the above formula , I am not quite clear about your expected result. Do you want to calculate the result for each performance using the logic: Cost[Material] of each performance *(Time of each performance/ total time of all performance)? For example, for performance3, you want to get result: Cost[Material] of performance3 *(90/(3+7+23+7+88+34+90)), right? If that is the case, please use the following DAX.

Column= RELATED(Cost[Material])* Revenue[Time]/CALCULATE(SUM(Revenue[Time]),ALL(Revenue))

If the above formula doesn't help, please post your desired result based on above sample data.

Regards,

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuezhe-msft

First thanks for your reply!

I need the denominator to be the total time of each performance.

The formula would be Cost[Material] of each performance *(Time of each performance/ total time of each performance).

For the above example would be:

Cost[Material] of performance3 *(90/(SUM(Performance3)))
OR
Cost[Material] of performance5 *(88/(SUM(88+34)))

I guess my real issue is that i am not able (in excel terms) to filter an entire column A and SUM only the filtered values of column B.

Something like:

(Column B Row / (Filter Column A for a Value and SUM Column B remaining)) ---> Then multiply for the filtered Column A Value of Another table (Cost)

Thanks

M.

@CiuCiCiao,

Create your column using the following DAX.

Column = RELATED(Cost[Material])* Revenue[Time]/ CALCULATE(SUM(Revenue[Time]),FILTER(Revenue,Revenue[Performance]=EARLIER(Revenue[Performance])))

Regards,

Thanks a lot is working perfectly, now I just have to understand why Man Very Happy

Thanks Again!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.