Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ryan_b_fiting
Post Patron
Post Patron

SUM data based on secondary dates and ignoring date filter

Hello Community - 

I have a basic dataset that gives me a wireless number, billing cycle date, activation date, device change date, benchmark date and data usage.

ryan_b_fiting_0-1675699490427.png

My model for this issue joins the Overview of lines (the data listed above) to the date table by the billing cycle date.  What I am trying to do is calculate how much data was used based on the wireless numbers benchmarck date without the date table slicer affecting it.

In the screenshot above, you can see the first 6 lines are providing what I would expect (March benchmark date, pulling in the March data usage because March is selected in the slicer).  However, line 7 and beyond are all showing blank because their benchmark date is not in March.

I want those blank lines to show the data usage based on the billing cycle date that = my benchmark date (first blank line would have data usage from Jan 2022 etc).

Here is my current Measure

Benchmark Usage = CALCULATE(
    [Total Data Usage],
    FILTER(ALL(Date_Table), Date_Table[Date] = MAXX('Overview of Lines','Overview of Lines'[Benchmark Date]) ) )  

What am I missing to get this measure to work?

Thanks Community

Ryan

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.