cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moscuba Member

Re: SUM SALES WITH PROMO

MArco,

I postred a solution today using a calculated table that will update with the data updates. It worked beautifully for me. You had one of the best people on the case and it seems the Desktop version is not capable of some new capabilities. That's why it's free!

Marcox28 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

Hello
thanks for the solution but it's not my chance because I have a dynamic connection to a tabular database behind power bi. I certainly do not have a power bi free but the pro version and license sql enterprise 2016.
I have to find a solution without importing the data and creating new tables
Moscuba Member

Marco,

The calculated table wouolld be created within the BI report, not on your server. Try it. If it's incompatible Power BI will tell you it's no compatible with the data source (and ask to download the data so say no if you don't weant that). 

However, there are limitations to such methods. Actually, some of the measures that were delivered here create "views" or tables in the back ground. MAybe that's why it's not working. However, Power BI delivers to me a message when something I created is not compatible with dynamic data and it says the data needs to be loaded. 

Marcox28 Regular Visitor
Regular Visitor

for the amount of data I have to process, I can not use a dynamic connection. this mode does not allow me to create tables inside the
.pbx
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

They did just add a preview feature in July 2018 for hybrid models (both dynamics connection and imported/calculated tables) but it is in Preview so mileage may vary.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Datanaut!