Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ElliotP
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

STARTOFMONTH Function Not Working Properly

Good Evening,

I am a little bit perplexed. For some months of my data the STARTOFMONTH function works as expected, but for April 2018 it doesn't seem to work.

When I export the data to an excel file and re-create the powerbi file it works as expected. I have attached an example of the trouble pdf.

On the 'testerpage' of the attached file, I have two tables demonstrating the 'date', 'close' value as well as my measure [Close1DayStartofMonth].

If anybody could work out why the April 2018 month is empty despite data being present I would be incredibly grateful.

Onedrive Link: https://1drv.ms/u/s!At8Q-ZbRnAj8iGlR9bVq31bsd2fS

2 REPLIES 2
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @ElliotP

STARTOFMONTH Function (DAX) returns the first date of the month in the current context for the specified column of dates. You may try to check the relationships for your data. If it is not your case, It’s better to show us a simplified data sample.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Evening,

Thanks for the quick response.

I checked the relationships and I wasn't able to find any issue/configuration which resolved the issue.

It's quite unusual wherein I cannot recreate the issue with an excel directly downloaded form the same database as well as the issue only occurs in April it seems. The function works for other months.

I can't produce a simplified data sample as such because I can't recreate the data that way. I would be happy to PM someone credentials to use to work with the SQL datasource if anybody is interested.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors