Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SSAS report measure issue

I am connecting to a SSAS model with live connection, the report works fine. I can even add one or two report measures to the report and they also work fine. 

When I add a third measure an error box will appear with saying something went wrong: value cannot be null. Parameter name: key 

SSAS error.PNG

Has anyone experianced this error before and if so how did you fix it?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
rednuht
Frequent Visitor

Getting exactly the same issue here, connected to Azure AS, we get this error when the third measure is created.

Here's a simple workaround to avoid this error:

Instead of clicking on "New measure" on the toolbar, just right-click on any table in the fields list and choose "New measure" from the dropdown menu.

I've noticed that when the error occurs, the new measure is created without a home table, and is listed at the top of the fields list, this may be what's causing the error. With the workaround, it is created on whichever table the right-click was performed on.

measure.png

v-xjiin-msft
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @Anonymous.

What's the version of your Power BI Desktop? It seems like this error is a known issue. Please refer to following thread:

http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Nov-Release-Power-Bi-Desktop/td-p/299100

Thanks,
Xi Jin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@v-xjiin-msft do you have any more information regarding this issue?

Hi @Anonymous,

Since I can't repro your issue. I would suggest you to create a support ticket here to get more professional help.

1111.PNG

Thanks,

Xi Jin.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am on 2.57.5068.501 64-bit (April 2018) I have seen other threads with the same error message, however they were all getting the error from other functions such as refreshing or opening a report. My report will open fine it is only when I add three or more report level measures do I get the error. I havent seen this exact issue in any other threads so that is why I opened this one.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.