Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
naj
Helper I
Helper I

SSAS live connection formatting options

Hi,

Does anyone know if it is possible to format a measure as a percentage using SSAS live connection? And in that case how?

It would be very convenient if Power BI would be able to consider the FORMAT_STRING property...is this coming to Power BI anytime soon?

Kind regards,

naj

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@naj when connected live to SSAS you don't get any data modelling capabilities. Keep an eye on this idea here as when it will be allowed you will also have ability to format I believe.

View solution in original post

v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @naj

Currently, cell level Formatting and translation features are not supported in this release of SSAS MD. These features will be enabled in upcoming releases of Power BI Desktop. See: Limitations of SSAS Multidimensional Models in Power BI Desktop

You can vote the idea here mentioned by ankitpatira above.Smiley Happy

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
v-ljerr-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @naj

Currently, cell level Formatting and translation features are not supported in this release of SSAS MD. These features will be enabled in upcoming releases of Power BI Desktop. See: Limitations of SSAS Multidimensional Models in Power BI Desktop

You can vote the idea here mentioned by ankitpatira above.Smiley Happy

Regards

ankitpatira
Community Champion
Community Champion

@naj when connected live to SSAS you don't get any data modelling capabilities. Keep an eye on this idea here as when it will be allowed you will also have ability to format I believe.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

July 2021 Update 768x460.png

Check it out!

Click here to read more about the July 2021 Updates

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors