Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kaarel
Resolver I
Resolver I

SSAS live connection Slicer shows values with no data/unknown member

Hi!

I'm connected to the OLAP multidimenisonal cube. Slicer shows values where there are no data in the selection list. What setting do I need to change so that only real values are shown? I don't want to set a page filter for every report.

In addition to that. Even though I have "unknown" member set to "hidden", PowerBI still shows it in the slicer selection list.

Thanks,

Kaarel.

4 REPLIES 4
Aivars
Frequent Visitor

Hi!

I solved this by adding Visual level filter on slicer. I filtered it with one of my measures. Fileter value I set to 'Is Not' zero.

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@kaarel, there is another thread discusses the similar issue as yours, please have a check: http://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/SLICERS-gt-blank-value/td-p/6726 

To summarize, you can either replace no data rows with some meaningful values or exculde empty rows with Remove Empty operation: Edit Queries -> then select that column -> choose Remove Empty.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not importing data into PowerBI Desktop data model. I'm using live connection to Analysis Services Multidimensional cube. The question is about that.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you find some solution?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.