Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SSAS Tabular exponential column data mismatch

Exponential.JPG

Hi team,

I am facing data mismatch in SSAS tabular model cube beacuse of exponential data in column. refer screenshot for sample data.

DAX: Calculate(sum(Table[Amount]))

when i compare data with SQL and SSAS cube data not matching. i have to fix this exponential in cube to match data with SQL DB and SSAS Cube. 

would someone can please help me in this regards

regards

SNKM

3 REPLIES 3
idp6134

I have a similar issue.  The keys I use are defined as 18,0 and they are unique.  They are the PK in the SQL Server DB I use, so I know they are unique.  But when I bring the table into SSAS Tabular it is displayed in scientific notation.  Even if I change the data type to whole number I am not allowed to set the value to unique because SSAS see the numbers as duplicates but they are not.

This needs to be fixed.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Change Data type in SSAS, so that power BI does not get Value like E-16 . They try

Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak 

even i change data from General to Decimal number no luck, below are the details

row data contains more than 18 digits, when we add table in SSAS cube from SQL DB, column data contains scientific notation which cause in data mismatch. 

1.96E+16

we have to bring data as is from SQL into cube with out scientific notation to get accurate sum.

SQL column data type is Amount Decimal(38,2)

would you please help 🙂

below is the screenshot.

Exponential1.JPG

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.