Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

aisberg
Frequent Visitor

SSAS MD many-to-many related dimensions: How to show as "Grand total" the value of the "all"-member

How to show as "Grand total" the value of the "all"-member but not the aggregation of dimension elements?

SSAD MD allows to use many-to-many dimension relationships. In a "normal" frontend (even in Excel Pivot Tables) I can show the value of the "All"-member together with other element of the dimension. In Excel Pivot Table the "Total" shows this value.

In PowerBI (for example in the matrix) it looks like the grand total is the aggretion of the (selected) elements in the dimension. For Example if I have 100 cases, and only 50 of them are related to a many-to-many-dimension, then the value of the "all"-member is 100, and this is shown in Excel, but PowerBI's "total" is shown as 50, the sum of the 50 cases.

I need a way to show the 100 on the totals as in Excel Pivot tables. But I can't find if this is possible in PowerBI and how to do.

2 REPLIES 2
v-frfei-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @aisberg ,

ISINSCOPE should help you in your scenario. Please check the pbix as attached.
Measure = IF(ISINSCOPE('Table (2)'[category]),SUM('Table'[value]),CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[value]),ALL('Table')))
Community Support Team _ Frank
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Hi @v-frfei-msft 

the issue is related to a SSAS multidimensional model as datasource. When using this datasource it can only be used as it is and the model can't be extended by any measures in PowerBI. Or is there a way?

Best

Germo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors