Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SSAS Live Connection: Has no model

Hello, I have a problem with SSAS. I can't connect to SSAS with Live connection mode. with import mode everything is ok. I have seen other requests here which were solved here on the community, but It doesn't work for me. I have Visual Studio 2019, and I am creating data cubes in SSAS. I had the same problem on my local computer and I don't know how but it did resolve. But now I am trying to connect to SSAS from Power BI (on a remote server) Live connection and it gives me the same error: "The server you're trying to connect to doesn't have any models or you don't have permission to access them".

Before there were any cubes on Analysis Service, the live connection was possible, but after I have placed some working cubes (working on import mode, and working with a live connection on my PC) Error appeared. what type of permissions can it be or what type of a model does it refer to? 

I am working with SQL Server 2017
Visual Studio 2019 (SSAS)
Power BI Report Server Desktop 2019 May release. 

Analysis service is placed on the same VM I am working on. The database is placed on the Parent physical Server. I don't have any problems connecting with DB From SSAS. I can even connect With DB with direct Query  But not with SSAS live connection. 

Capture.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I hade one cube with some problems. I deleted it and the problem was solved. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hello @giorgi_lommidd 

What is the name of the tabular server running?  When I want to connect to my local SSAS I use 

VBALT045\TABULAR or .\TABULAR  (.\ being the same as localhost\)

You should also be able to see the name if you fire up management studio and connect to tabular model then browse for more.

I hade one cube with some problems. I deleted it and the problem was solved. 

I have Multidimensional Server For SSAS. not tabular. where can I see name server name?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors