Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Oussama
Regular Visitor

SSAS Empty Tuple

I am trying to connect to an SSAS cube with powerBI desktop...The connection doesn't work when the cube contains a calculated member with no data on the cube (empty tuple).

Does any one have a workaround ? I don't want to replace Empty value by a zero

thx

2 REPLIES 2
Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

I'm afraid there is not one method to import empty value of one dimension calculated member into Power BI.

Reference from the Supported Features of SSAS MD in Power BI Desktop part of this article:

Support features of SSAS MD:

For Dimension Calculated Members (must be a single real member when the dimension has more than one attribute, it cannot be the key attribute of the dimension unless it is the only attribute, and it cannot be a parent-child attribute)

I have worked around this by setting up an empty table with the same column headings as the SSAS query would return if there was data.   I then append my SSAS query to the empty table.  Seems to work,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.