Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

SuhitMange
Regular Visitor

SSAS Cube connecting to power bi service but its not refreshing there.

Hi,

I have created a SSAS cube using SSDT 2015. The size of the Cube is approximately 3.3 GB and it has 10,04,48,386 records. Now when connecting this Cube with Power BI desktop using the Import option it does not gets connected properly and i get the memory issue showing in the error. I have tried to create partition in Cube where the partition contains only 1 month's data which is around 4.7 million records and then tried to connect that partition with Power BI desktop and i also publish this dataset to the server. Now after publishing the dataset when i refresh it manually or when i schedule it, it gives me an error saying,"Cannot connect to the mashup data source. The following system error occurred: The name provided is not a properly formed account name." What can be the problem?

2 REPLIES 2
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@SuhitMange

As the error message said, "The name provided is not a properly formed account name.". Please use SQL Profiler to fetch the accessing users' <EffctiveUserName>, if it doesn't match your local "domain\account", please use "map user name" to make your Power BI account match your local domain acocunt for your SSAS data source.

For more details, please refer to document: Manage your data source - Analysis Services

Regards,

How to check the accessing users through the SQL Profiler? When to do this task, while we are refreshing the dataset in the server?

I did not get how this can be the error, i have checked the user name and server name and everything looks good to me. Cannot connect to mashup datasource error is showing when i check the refresh history.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.