Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SQLite BigInt to Binary

Hi,

I have following table in SQLite:

armughan_0-1630943586649.png

but when I use this in ODBC data sources for Power BI, Power BI converts it to Binary type and it doesn't let me load the data.

How can I resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm sorry that Binary columns aren't supported in the Power BI data model. 

You can only convert the binary file in the data source before importing it into Power BI.
Or you can refer to the solution of this case , which mentions some additional methods.

Hope it helps,

Community Support Team _ Caitlyn Yan

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-xiaoyan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

When you load data into Power BI Desktop, it will attempt to convert the data type of the source column into a data type that better supports more efficient storage, calculations, and data visualization.

The Binary data type can be used to represent any other data with a binary format. Inside the Power Query Editor, you can use it when loading binary files if you convert it to other data types before loading it to the Power BI model.

For more information, please see: Data types in Power BI Desktop - Binary data type 

Hope it helps,

If this post helps then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The main issue is this binary type is not letting me import data into model and it cancels the moment click on the Load. So i changed it to text in SQLite db file and everything was fine, table loads perfectly but not with Binary and I had to change every table because of that. Is there a more efficient way to do that or escape that?

Hi @Anonymous ,

I'm sorry that Binary columns aren't supported in the Power BI data model. 

You can only convert the binary file in the data source before importing it into Power BI.
Or you can refer to the solution of this case , which mentions some additional methods.

Hope it helps,

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors