Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

miguegallop
Regular Visitor

SQLDUMPER.EXE BlackWindow Closes Power BI

Hi,

Ive just updated Windows 10 (December 17) and since then every time im creating a relationship between tables in Power BI a Black Windows pops up and closes the program. The link above the window is .../Microsoft Power BI Desktop/bin//SQLDUMPER.EXE.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thankyou very much,

Miguel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kevcurtis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @miguegallop,

This issue has been submitted and accepted as an issue which should be addressed in the January update.

As a work around try using the "Manage relationships" dialog to edit or create relationships - this has worked for me an does not crash Power BI if an invalid relationship is attempted.

Manage replationships.png

See the thread here:

PowerBI Desktop Crashes December 2017 Update

View solution in original post

43 REPLIES 43

Same here.  SQL Dumper when publishing.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing here: when publishing, SQL dumper than Power BI closes/crashes. vers 2.54.4970.961 64-bit (January, 2018)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Maybe it is just coincidental, but ever since I'm making sure I'm signed in before saving or publishing, it stopped buggering.

Manu1977
Regular Visitor

I have the same problem with the January update. I'm not able to open my file. When I try to do it appears a black window SQLDUMPER.EXE and the close the program.

How can I proceed????

mmuddasar
Advocate I
Advocate I

For me this happens when I attempt to publish to the Service (using January update).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can somebody tell me how I close my exisiting account and register a new one?

Today is 1/16/2020. I still see this black window/crash even today trying to create a new account.

The suggested workaround does not work for me. The Manage Relationships link in the tool bar is greyed out.

Same for me - in January 2018 release on W10

Has there been any further update on when a fix will be released?

We are expecting a fix to be released in the March version. This issue should only happen when you leave Power BI desktop open for more than 45 minutes. The 2 current workarounds:

1. Before publishing the report, save the report, sign out and sign back in (you can do this by clicking on your name in the upper right corner, choose "Switch account", then re-enter your credentials.

2. Close and re-open Power BI before publishing.

Hello all,

we had same issue for two computers. For the rest of PCs it was ok.

What worked for us was to firstly run Power BI as Run as administrator - then no crash of Power BI occured even after we closed and reopen application again without admin privilegies.

Power BI Version: 2.55.5010.641 64-bit (február 2018)

M.

Yep same here, even with the latest Jan update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here, with the January release. It happens when I publish a report while not signed in. It then prompts to sign in, and when authentication completes, it closes with SQLDUMPER. Making sure that I'm signed in before publishing (or even before saving the report locally) seems to avoid it.

I didn't encounter this in the December release, but I can't recall having been signed out in the past.

This has happened to me in the past if a field that I was using in a relationship contained any .NULL. content.

When it just reappeared in the JAN 18 update on data that was previously OK, I was most concerned and investigated my relationships again.

Simply doing this and refreshing the entire dataset has effectively cured this issue for me.

If you are in a bind I suggest you try this and maybe eport your findings for others.

George ...

I am logged in even I have refreshed my datasets but still this sqldumper.exe is popping and closing the report itself. Its happening if I am trying to build relationship between specific 2 tables

Kindly help

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's happening to me, too. It happens numerous times a day. It's getting a bit obnoxious!!

Still broken in Feb update by the look of it when publishing pbix files.

kevcurtis
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi @miguegallop,

This issue has been submitted and accepted as an issue which should be addressed in the January update.

As a work around try using the "Manage relationships" dialog to edit or create relationships - this has worked for me an does not crash Power BI if an invalid relationship is attempted.

Manage replationships.png

See the thread here:

PowerBI Desktop Crashes December 2017 Update

Hi I also encountered the same issue after the last version.

I donwloaded it on 16/01/2018.

Can you help me?

Thanks

igorabdo
Advocate II
Advocate II

Likes that the December version has problem

igorabdo
Advocate II
Advocate II

Hi

It's happen in december version

jmbull
Advocate I
Advocate I
igorabdo
Advocate II
Advocate II

I' ve the same problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.