Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

arda23
Regular Visitor

SQL query - looping over databases

Hello friends,

I want to use Power BI to visualize usage of our products in certain periods. All of our clients have their own databases. My query has to look for all the clients' databases. Looping is necessary for this but I could not find how I can do that. 

Also, if you can explain me, how can I create variables in the query. For example: date1 = dd/mm/year, date2 = dd/mm/year

Note: I connected with ODBC connector to databases.

Thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
zoloturu
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hi @arda23,

In Advanced edit, you can edit M query which is used to connect to the source. You can create a manual table with a list of DB connection strings and additionally function which you can invoke for each of rows in the table mentioned before. 

Regarding variables, you just write 

DBName = "mydatabasename",
varDate = "dd/mm/yyyy"

Is it what you need? 

Thanks @zoloturu. It is exactly what I was looking for.

v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@arda23,

Here is an example for your reference.

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello @v-chuncz-msft, thank you for your answer. Are there any way to get all results in the same table?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.