Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SQL database - Refresh with latest tables

Hi all, 

I am pretty begginer with PowerBi and I'm struggling with how to setup my SQL database. 
-> If possible, I'd like my source to actualise with the Gateway already setup for my excel source.

I can successfully connect to the SQL database, but I must then manually select the tables I'd like to import. 
However, new tables are generated over time, and I'd like them to be integrated in the reports, thanks to the gateway. 

bateme_0-1635323320553.png

Could you point me the right direction to set up my SQL source ? 

Thanks in advance for your help !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge to provide quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data (data that isn't in the cloud) and several Microsoft cloud services.

"I can successfully connect to the SQL database, but I must then manually select the tables I'd like to import. 
However, new tables are generated over time, and I'd like them to be integrated in the reports, thanks to the gateway. "

Gateway is used to refresh the current data table to get the latest data instead of importing new tables into Power BI automatically. If you want to get the new tables, you need to connect to these tables and then publish to Service to configure gateway to refresh them.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

@amitchandak , Thanks for your answer. 
So that means, the report can not be automatically be updated (get values from new tables) with the Gateway ? 
I'd like to make once the measures and visuals, and then get these visuals updated with the newly created values (new tables). 

Hi @Anonymous ,

The on-premises data gateway acts as a bridge to provide quick and secure data transfer between on-premises data (data that isn't in the cloud) and several Microsoft cloud services.

"I can successfully connect to the SQL database, but I must then manually select the tables I'd like to import. 
However, new tables are generated over time, and I'd like them to be integrated in the reports, thanks to the gateway. "

Gateway is used to refresh the current data table to get the latest data instead of importing new tables into Power BI automatically. If you want to get the new tables, you need to connect to these tables and then publish to Service to configure gateway to refresh them.

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Yingjie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous , Once gateway, is set up and working correctly. You do need an additional setup for data gateway to get new tables.

You need to add them in power bi file use them in measures/visual, set incremental and publish

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.