Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

villasenorbritt
Resolver I
Resolver I

SQL Views and BI

I am working with SQL to pull data into power bi. I made a view in SQL that has only what we consider "Good Data" and here is the table that represents that:

villasenorbritt_0-1653404198219.png

What I am stuck on is how to make a filter where they can see what we consider "not good" data. For example, if there was a piece of debris in the way of the sensor and it caused a miscalculation, I want them to be able to see that as well as it will determine if this is a continuous problem. How should I go about doing this? I'm a lot better with SQL so is it possible to create another view in SQL with the bad data and put that into a slicer? This community is the only place I can ever get accurate and helpful answers, so thank you in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
jcalheir
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

If i understood your question correctly, i will probably do the following:

Create a view with good and bad data, but add a column that (semething like "Data quality") that says if the current row is good data or bad data.

Then in Power BI you can filter your visuals using that field.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
jcalheir
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

If i understood your question correctly, i will probably do the following:

Create a view with good and bad data, but add a column that (semething like "Data quality") that says if the current row is good data or bad data.

Then in Power BI you can filter your visuals using that field.

Hope it helps

Hey @jcalheir , I have another question that I think you might be able to help with. Lets say I am only wanting to show the "Good" data in my chart, but then I need the "Bad data" to be categorized into five different categories. How would you go about doing this?

@jcalheir See I knew someone on here would have a simpler, cleaner way to get this done. Thanks for your help!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.