Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

GFFD

SQL_MAX_TABLE_NAME_LEN from SQLGetinfo (18)

Trying to acces a table in a database using ODBC, I'm getting an error [HY090] stating that a table name was larger than SQL_MAX_TABLE_NAME_LEN from SQLGetinfo (18).

The software supplier said this is a PowerBI problem and not a connection error. Now I'm wondering how to change the SQLGerinfo (18) so table names larger than 18 can be processed. Does anyone know where to find the correct info?

2 REPLIES 2
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @GFFD,

Per my research, there is no such an option in Power BI that can control the SQL_MAX_TABLE_NAME_LEN allowed to be loaded. It looks like a property setting in ODBC. Please test whether you can connect to the same database and same data tables in Excel. Besides, update the desktop to latest version to have a try.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello Yuliana,

Thanks for your reply.

I think your right assuming the problem is a property setting in ODBC. Connecting in Excel, using the same ODBC connecting, results in the same error when reading the same database tables.

We already updated the desktop to the latest version so that shouldn't be the problem.

Now I have to find out what property setting in ODBC causes the error,... 😕

Regards,

Danny

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.