Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Adam1125
Frequent Visitor

SQL Data did not truly refresh

Hi all,

Recently, I opened a template and waited a few minutes for Power BI to make connections, load data into my tables, all the normal things Power BI does when it opens a template. This is a routine task and it was pulling data from a SQL Server.

However, once the data was fully loaded, approximately half the graphs did not display. They did not show an error, but they didn't display any values. X and Y axes could be seen as well as row headers, but charts and tables did not contain values.

I was able to remedy the sitution by manually refreshing all the Dim tables in my template (Right-click each individual table name in the fields bar, "Refresh Data"). Hitting the global "refresh" button in the Home bar did not work.

I was hoping someone else had experienced this issue before and/or was able to determine a root cause or find a better solution than refreshing each individual table. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
RMDNA
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

@Adam1125,

If you go into "Edit Queries," are any of your tables unchekced for "Include in report refresh?"

1.PNG

This would cause the behavior you're seeing - it removes them from the global refresh process, only updating when you trigger them manually.

Nope, all the tables that I had to manually refresh had that box checked - it wasn't that. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.