Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hermskies
Frequent Visitor

SPC Chart: Daily run chart overlayed by quarter average

I've created a daily run chart of the total count of customers (in purple) overlayed by quarter average (in green) and quarter control limits (in grey - 3 standard deviations above and below the average). 

The chart was created in excel and the data for the daily count is simply two columns each row representing a day: Date and the daily count. The quarterly average is created using the average formula and i manually drag down the fixed quarter average down to the three months. 

I was wondering if there is a way to reproduce this in Power BI? Is there any DAX formulas for this? I tried using the Power BI native average line on the chart but i averages the entire range of the data (i.e. doesnt allow me to break the averages into quarter). 

Greatly appreciated if this is doable. 

Statistical Control Chart.png

1 REPLY 1
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @hermskies,

Based on test, line chart not support dynamic limit line, I think you need to write two measures to mark the limit min/max value. 

For your requirement, I'd like to suggest you create a line chart with 'Date to 'Axis' fields, 'daily avg', 'quarter avg' and limit measures to value fields'.

BTW, I also search in office store but not found any custom visuals can achieve your requirement.

REgards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.