Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

SOS?

POWERBIFAULTS.PNGPOWERBIFAULT2.PNGPOWERBIFAULT3.PNG

Hi All

If someone could help or just help me understand what's happened that would be Amazing

Yesterday, company I work for upgraded my laptop from a 32bit to a 64bit and it's all fancy etc. I tried to access a report I have been working on via PowerBI Desktop however, all the visuals can now not be loaded. I only downloaded this version yesterday so I am guessing it is the most up to date for this laptop (Dell Precision 3530, previous was a HP 615G2)

I have also included screenshots of the error messages that I get as soon as I open the report

Any help would be appreciated!:)

5 REPLIES 5
RobbeVL
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

This might have something to do with the Drivers on your computer. What is your datasource? If Oracle, you'll need to download the Oracle 64-bit driver.

Its also possible you downloaded a 64-bit PowerBI desktop client.

Try going back to 32 for this report.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=45331 

Robbe

Anonymous
Not applicable

Business Objects Legacy, but i'm not trying to pull any data as it's already in the report it's just whenever i'm opening the report.

I have downloaded the 64 bit as I thought due to my laptop being 64bit I would need the 64 bit powerbi desktop version, is there something I should of done different?

The error message I am getting now 'Object Reference not set to an instance of an object'

Hi @Anonymous ,

For the new error, please refer to this case:  https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Object-reference-not-set-to-an-instance-of-an-object/td-p/21455/page/2  there're seceral suggestions you can take a try.

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there!

That does make sense however I cannot do anything to my model to change the direction of the relationships as it keeps saying cannot load to model ...

I think the issue may be that this laptop cannot support the version I was working on with the other laptop, I feel like it needs a previous version which I am not sure how to resolve

Hi @Anonymous ,

Since I can't replicate your issue, I'd suggest you raise the problem to support team with describing the problem and taking a screen shot. 

https://powerbi.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ 

Best regards,

Dina Ye

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors